Friday, June 10, 2011

my hair

hello! 
and how're you? today was my last exam (which went really well :D) so i'm freeeeeeee! until september! :D woop! except i have to find a maths textbook or pay £20 :/ damn cheek i think! i refuse to believe any school book costs £20. but anyway, i have to or else. it feels good to not have anything to revise for though. i'm currently sitting on the sofa watching an old episode of hotel babylon after stuffing myself with dinner. perfect!
---------------------
today i thought i'd talk about my hair! my hair really isn't my favourite thing to talk about, touch,  or do anything to really. which is mainly the reason why now i have dreadlocks (not because i'm a "rastafarian" like many scraggly old men feel the need to ask me). but i thought that i should because i can never find any hairstyling tips or things to do with my hair. you may or may not have noticed that there are hardly any hair styling tips for people with afro hair.. think about it. 
recently i was looking through my friend's look magazine and i saw this hairstyle which i quite liked... (paloma faith, nicole scherzinger and jaime winston)
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
to be honest i don't really like the way nicole's got hers because it looks a bit horn-like but i like the curled bits and so i decided that there must be some way i can replicate this with my hair! here's what i came up with-
PhotobucketPhotobucket
ignore the tufts of hair at the front, my mum twisted them after i took the picture!. but this is what i came up with. i twisted my fringe and clipped it to the back and just brought the rest of my hair forwards. what do you think?
------------------------------------
here are a few other styles i've been trying more recently..
PhotobucketPhotobucket
twisted up at the front and tied back to the side :)
----------------------------------------------
Photobucket
just to the side but i think it looks pretty at the back :)
-----------------------------------
PhotobucketPhotobucket 
on the right is my hair normally and the left is if i pull the sides back and just clip it simply.
------------------------------------------
Photobucket
i've always wanted to try a bun and it's never really happened because my hair is so thick. literally so thick that i can't hold it all in one hand. philippine helped me here and we tried out best and it's okay just a little messy. but i guess that's the point of a messy bun isn't it?
-------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
this is a style that i'd like to try- my hair all twisted down and hairbands where my hands are but i couldn't work out how to keep my hair from springing out of the tight twists.. any idea?
----------------------------------------------
Photobucket
lasty, this is the photo for all those people who love to spring my hair :P this is how long my hair would be if it wasn't as curly and straightened out. i think when my hair gets to this long springed then that's the length i'll keep it at. i've had my hair in locks for 2 and a half years now and it's grown a lot so i doubt it'll take that long. 
----------------------------------------
i hope you've enjoyed today's post :) have a lovely weekend and wish me luck for tomorrow! essex schools championships :) ronan xxx

28 comments:

  1. Ronan, you look stunning! Your face is beautiful and your hair is so cool!
    Thank you for your sweet comment! I'll soon post a photo wearing the YSL lipstick!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah doesnt it feel good to be relieved of those exams, i have 1 more then im done. Your hair looks lovely :) Thankyou for the comment, and follow!

    http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your locs!!



    joie-de-vie-blog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ronan! thanks for following. Ill follow you back so I can keep an eye on all your hairstyles. Your dreads look pretty and lol @ those old men asking you if you are Rastifari! Just say yes hahaha. I like the twisted down look.

    Sophia
    http://lasophialasophia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Ronan, you look very beautiful in those photos no matter what hair style you have,i love them all :)

    http://foreverunderstated.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your locs ronan there beautiful on you! :)

    kisses

    e7

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really have thick hair! But it looks awesome. :)

    Iida from Finland
    http://youwillchoose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. your hair is so beautiful! im jealous ! I love the bun look on you

    thanks for your lovely comment <3

    claire x

    http://moncheri2311.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wait until you get to uni, books cost way more that £20 lol if youre stuck for hair styling ideas you should deffo check out youtube! check out naptural85

    ReplyDelete
  10. @theonlyfashionprincess thank you!:) xxx

    @rowan thank you so much! :D you're welcome, you definitely should! :) xxx

    @gingersnap ah yeah tell me about it! thank you :) sure xxx

    @precious thanks! :) xxx

    @sophia my pleasure! haha thank you! :D i usually go for the grunt answer and look angry approach :P thank you :) xxx

    @isabel thank you so much! :) xxx

    @monzie thank you :) xxx

    @lida yeah :/ can be a pain :P but thank you! xxx

    @claire thank you :D i quite like it too haha :) you're welcome! xxx

    @grace thanks! :)xxx

    @daisychain thank you! :D xxx

    @tailorstitch haha oh no :P ooh okay thank you! :) i definitely will :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow you really do have such thick, beautiful hair! The first style you chose looks great! I totally agree about Nicole.. her hair makes her look like a cat!

    Congratulations on being done with school!

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  12. p.s. Thanks for the "Models Own" nail polish tip - you're so right - that color would look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your locs are so cute !
    XX http://cocoloni.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I was reading that copy of Look myself the other day! I love the whole victory rolls look and have tried it myself a couple of times although I think it requires some hairspray which I sadly didn't have! Ah well, that hardly compares to the trouble you have with afro hair. I had no idea it was such a hassle to have, although you do look lovely with dreadlocks. It's funny though, at my old school, the majority of girls were black and they used to come in almost every other week with a different weave/hairstyle and it did make me a tad envious, however come to think of it I am a little more grateful now to have rather manageable hair :) The hairstyles you tried out look lovely and I'd love to see your hair relaxed :) Well done on the exams. WEREN'T THEY HORRIFIC?! I'm so glad they're over until next year... hopefully I have all my textbooks otherwise I'll probably face some fines too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous! love your blog and followed.
    please follow mine too? (:

    http://rahelrahelrahel.blogspot.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/2598801/rahelrahelrahel

    ReplyDelete
  16. @le sorelle thank you so much! hahaha that's great! she does look particularly catty! thanks :) it definitely would, i love adding nail polish to an outfit! xxx

    @leonie thank you! :) xxx

    @victoria thanks for your amazing comment! :D replied on your blog! xxx

    @rahel thank you! :D i'll check yours out :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on finishing your exams and I hope you manage to find your maths book. Love your hair in all these pictures, it looks so cool, my fav is the enormous messy bum, it's extreme!! wish I had long hair so I could put it in cool styles


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. @hannah thank you :) me too! haha thanks it's pretty big! aww :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. @steffen thank you! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the love! Your hair is rad. One of my dreams is to visit London one day :)

    http://the-conceptual.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. @conceptual you're welcome :D thank you! definitely do :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. @gabrielle you should! :) thank you :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. pretty!
    and love your locs.

    Jen xx

    ReplyDelete